Saturday 16 May 2015

Framing Day 25 - A Dwarf Dwarf Door?

In trying to squeeze every cubic inch (showing my age here...) of storage out of this 44 sq. house (Wot? Like the extra high ceilings ground and first floor is not enough?), I decided that making use of the space under the stairwell is a good idea.

So we asked about it, and I even checked with the door manufacturer, a 1500mm high (dwarf) door is available and would fit under the stairwell.

So imagine my surprise when I saw this!

Um? 1050mm not 1500mm?
A quick chat to our site supervisor on Monday cleared things up. They will wait until the stairwell is in before they put in the final height, which will be as tall as they can make it.

We have the door swinging inwards (under the stairwell), not outwards into the walk-in pantry, so we have some clearance issues to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment