Saturday 22 November 2014

Does size matter?

Evidently it does.

We found out at our contract appointment that Hobsons Bay council has a 9m building height limit.

Our Waldorf with the 2590mm first floor ceilings comes to 9070mm.

So, is 7cm too big?

We're hoping not and we've applied to the council for dispensation. That is a 6-8 week wait. Hopefully that can be considered at the same time as the submission of the plans for approval, as they are somewhat related.

If they do not budge, then the only (not utterly expensive) option is to revert back to the standard first floor ceiling height of 2440mm.

The expensive option is to lower the roof pitch from 30 degrees, to less, which we'll consider if we need too.

1 comment:

  1. My roof pitch is 22.5 degrees and my building height only comes up to 8266mm. That is with 9ft ceilings up and downstairs. My elevations: http://prestigebuild.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/external-elevation-drawings.html

    You are lucky your council didn't put in an 8m building height limit like mine. I would have kissed my high ceilings goodbye if I had not already begun building.

    ReplyDelete